Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Flowers and More

I thought I'd share a little with you on what I've done this past month before Aunt Judy became sick.

We worked on the drop ceiling adding moulding but those photos will come later since I haven't had time to take any.  But I did add some fencing to the cornice dividing our bedroom and office along with beefing up the cornice up above our bed.


I love the fencing!


I really love how this piece added some "oomph" to the cornice.  You can see the before and after in these two photos.

Then I had an old door stored away that really was wanting to be used somehow...so I used it as the door to our electric panel.   Love it!


Now on to our porch in the front.  I've kept the cushions I made last year off since our cat loves to lounge on them all.  He's an outside cat so he gets everything a little dirty.  But don't worry, he has his very own cushion and so does our dog Gabe.  They have to be comfortable too!




I did paint the "welcome to our porch" sign above the swing so it would stand out a little better.  It's all about the welcome  feeling when you visit our home!


See the beautiful HUGE flower basket my Hannah bought for me on Mother's day?  Now that's definitely a welcome to me when I come home!


I just can't get enough pink!  Mom bought me these begonias and I thought they looked cute in my watering can...


Our snowball bush done great this year but definitely not long enough with the blooms.  Last year they lasted a lot longer.  I think it was the cooler temps we had that did them in this year.


I am patiently waiting for my "endless summer" hydrangeas to bloom.  They smell so good!  They are loaded so I cannot wait!


I have a total of 4 peony bushes.  Two have already bloomed which was a huge let down....just 4 flowers.  But these other two are loaded, I counted 40 blooms!  My house is going to smell so good!


Isn't this gorgeous?


The ants have really been working overtime!


I think it's the only time I ever get excited to see ants!


I love when all of the flowers start to bloom....God's creations great and small!

Well, that's it for now.  Please keep my Aunt Judy in your prayers.  Things really haven't moved forward but thankfully not backwards either.  


23 comments:

  1. Prayers for you Aunt Judy. Prayers for healing and recovery.
    HUGS, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, You are sweet Melanie...I loved all your clever and cute ideas. Your flowers are very nice too. I will pray for your Aunt Judy. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Susie....it's always a nice feeling to know someone cares and is praying. I so appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. What a sweet, wonderful post. Your name sure fits you! I love your fencing on the cornice. It looks like a "lace" overlay to me. Your yard is lovely and I LOVE peonies. They are one of my favorite flowers. They remind me of blousy ladies dressed for church on a Sunday morning!;>) Bless you and your family and especially your sweet Aunt Judy. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana, always a pleasure to see your sweet words!

      Delete
  4. Hi Melanie,
    Your yard is looking so great. I have been working on mine too. Love all the pretties. Prayers for your Aunt. Hope you are feeling better too.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just popped over to see your deck and I am in love!

      Delete
  5. Everything is so beautiful! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers look so pretty--enjoy! I have so many cut Peonies in the house right now it looks like someone should get married here or something :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Sandy, I am enjoying them to their fullest!

      Delete
  7. You's must have really good soil and temperatures to be able to grow peonies and hydrangeas in the ground.We have to grow them in pots here in South Australia.God sure has blessed you with your garden.Your home is looking lovely as well.Well done.Praying for your Aunt Judy and all of your family.
    Lots of love to all of you from all of us in South Australia, Down Under.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, if you can grow them in pots, that's better than not at all. Thank you Lisa, I appreciate the prayers so much!

      Delete
  8. Everything is so beautiful! Praying for your aunt
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore peonies! I wish I had a green thumb.........I'm not too good in the garden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too good either, but evidently our soil does the trick, lol! Thanks so much for stopping in!

      Delete
  10. Your style is so beautiful ! LOVE YOUR BLOG ....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie