Saturday, February 22, 2014

Blue Mason Jars and My New Rug

 I have been wanting to make these jars hang for awhile so today I went for it.  I got out my wire, wire snips and my robo grips...and voila!  I love these little jars!  Perfect in Hannah's room with her beachy theme.  I thought they would be nice to keep her earrings and necklaces in for easy access.


I made four of them all together.  I want to make some for this summer for my flowers...wouldn't they look so pretty with fresh flowers in them?!!


I love this one on the kitchen window shutter!


And this one too!!!


I also have been wanting to rip out the pointy prong that holds the candle in place in these so that I could put a little plate in it.  I thought the little cup and saucer were perfect for a candle and added a little color.


They add a little bit of pink, can ya tell?


I fooled around with my china on the table today too.  I love having these set out to see, adds a nice little springy touch.  Today was so nice and sunny....I really wanted to play with so many things!


See how sunny it was?  Oh, and I hung a new/old window.  I just love it!


Last week I ordered new rugs for the living room, hallway and kitchen.  This one is 10 years old...it's been a great one but I was so tired of it!


This is what I finally made my mind up on.  I had so many to choose from but felt this one would not be too overpowering for the room.  I really fell in love with it when I put it down.  I'll show the hallway and kitchen rugs later.  They are runners.  I'm having a time getting them to lay down after being rolled up so tight.



So there was my day in a nut shell.  I've had a great day today just playing...something I really needed after a crappy day yesterday.

9 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the hanging mason jars--that looks so good! I want to make some of those too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie
    I love the mason jars so pretty. Love the new rug too.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your little mason jars and everything in your home is sooo very pretty, Melanie. Your new rug is gorgeous. I need a new one for our family room, too. I took the one from the dining room and need to get that one back where it belongs. Your table is GORGEOUS!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Melanie....I just love the window hanging over your loveseat! I have always wanted to do something like that....just can't find the "right" place! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luv the mason jars. I want to make some for my patio, after seeing hours, I need to get busy. Luvly tug as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love your new rug!! It's out of stock because I looked and looked, then when I saw your link I clicked on it. It looks great, and I love a wool rug! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who rips out the candle thing, lol. Glad you had a good day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the jars..however the new rug is so beautiful! What a difference it really makes having the "right" one. It compliments it decor perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wat mooi weer allemaal Melanie! Je foto,s zijn ook echt prachtig. En het ziet er allemaal super gezellig uit bij je in huis. De kleden zijn ook heel mooi.
    Lieve groetjes Brie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fine room indeed! What was your inspiration to have this kind of theme, Melanie? The rug perfectly fits the color scheme and design. However, it is inevitable that rugs garner dust and dirt over time. If you're on a busy schedule, there are professional cleaners willing to help! Thanks for sharing! :)

    David Floyd

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie