Friday, November 29, 2013

First Lightbulb Snowman

I've been wanting to make a light bulb snowman ever since I saw them on Pinterest. 


Of course I wanted to make mine "Shabby Chic"...but aren't these darling?

So I pulled out my sewing machine, made a toboggan and then started painting a burned out light bulb instead of throwing it away.  I think it's a little goofy to go buy new ones.


I wrapped a trash bag tie around it and hung to dry on my kitchen cabinet knob.




I am by no means an expert at painting faces...but I think it turned out kinda cute!



I found the perfect little spot too!




So grab those burnt out light bulbs, some paint and fabric and go to town!




10 comments:

  1. The expression that you captured on this sweet little thing is absolutely wonderful! I'll be sure to save all of my burned-out bulbs for you and maybe I'll get a blue one in return. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen these on Pinterest, but then again, I don't go on often. I could easily kill 2 hours on there, piece of cake! I have to say, yours are so pretty! I know, I know, you were probably going for cute, but I'm sorry, I know pretty when I see pretty, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO? Cuteness overload. Darling. Just like all you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie,
    This little shabby snowman is adorable. OMG!!!! You paint like a dream. The face is just beautiful. Love this whole idea. Very cute. Great job.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lightbulb snowman is just adorable--and the face couldn't be more perfect. Your painting skills are getting really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I found in love of your little snowman with a pink hat ! No words (english words of course) in French there are so many : trop mignon, adorable, craquant, si joli...

    xoxo from PARIS

    Joëlle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Oh, OH....that is soooo cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW! Your snowman is ADORABLE! I'd love to make one like your's but fear the face would be a complete disaster!! Any tips??

    Judi in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want one!! That is so darling, his little face is darling.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie