Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Porch is DONE

I've been working on our porch...cleaning, sewing, rearranging, planting....


A little painting....and this is what I am finally pleased with!



Each year I always try to make it cozy and welcoming...well this year was a little special.  This is my first summer where I am back to normal, or better yet, way past better than normal!  Last summer was a little tough, I didn't quite have all of my strength back to lift, move, paint or plant like I have this year.  I am so very thankful that God has blessed me with my health!


Facebook Yardsale has been really good to me  lately.  I had purchased a few Shabby Chic items and got this beautiful quilt...it was a twin and needed a little TLC.  I had it laying on our sofa until I finally made the decision to make that first cut....I am so glad I did because it is exactly what I needed for making the slipcovers for all of the furniture and pillows.



I also made cord cozies for the swing chains...so much prettier don't you think?

We love this swing....there is always a nice breeze blowing and this is such a nice spot to just relax.


The scenery is so pretty...




I had made the black and white ticking cushions yesterday and was getting frustrated...it just wasn't what I had wanted.


My youngest daughter gave me the idea for cutting up the quilt after making the cord cozy...she said it looks like roses and that I needed more pink.  If it were up to her, she'd have me get the pink paint and paint everything.  Thank you Hannah for the vote of more PINK!


I found these hanging bags of impatiens at our local Farmers Market and knew I had to have them!


They were perfect for hanging in between the windows.


I am just so pleased with how the porch turned out this year!  I usually add a rug but Gabe is loving the porch too and I really don't feel like sweeping dog hair up all SUMMER long....so no rug.



So there ya have it...a nice little spot for relaxing and enjoying SUMMER!


17 comments:

  1. Melanie, it looks just gorgeous!! I love all the pink so much and the slipcovers are beautiful! I'm hoping the pollen will go away soon so we can pressure wash, paint and get ours ready. I'm so happy you are healthy and strong:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful place to relax....you made it sooooooo cozy...
    LOVE IT!!! Love the swing and all your plants what a wonderful place to unwind after a long day!!
    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, this is my dream porch. I only wish I had a bigger porch or deck and I would want it to look like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL!!! Would love to come around and take a seat ;-)!
    Greetings from Germany!
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your porch looks fantastic! So glad you are feeling well. I love the quilt and really love the cord cozies...all those details make it perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, Melanie. Your energy is incredible and the results are always so nice. And it seems like both your girls have the same knack for putting things together. If they start sewing, you guys will be changing decor the way most of us change underwear! And you say you didn't have all your strength in this past year??!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Porch swing envy!!!! Always wanted one, no porch :-( Looks very inviting.
    Happy Weekend.
    Gee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Beautiful, beautiful!! I would die for a porch like yours!! Love the wicker and love that swing!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Melanie,
    The porch is so sweet and pretty. I want to come and hang out with you and have ice tea or lemon aide. What a relaxing retreat. I worked on my yard today too and will hopefully post some pictures in the next few days. I still have some planting in the backyard to finish up. My aching back!!!! I am really feeling old today.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. You would be hard pressed to get me off the swing. I'm a sucker for them as they tend to sooth my headaches. I love love love that you took a chance and cut up the quilt. If it no longer serves the original purpose, no harm in re purposing what we love. I love my roses so I take any life I can get out of them. I love your porch! Well done. Hugs. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW the porch looks terrific. I would probably never leave the swing. Love what you did with the quilt and pink decorations. Enjoy your porch and happy swinging.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks gorgeous! I'm glad you decided to use the quilt...looks like something my grandmother would have made. :) I would probably be in that swing 24/7 ~ love it!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet and elegant! Love all the pink. Those impatiens are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your porch is simply amazing Melanie...a lot of work, but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow it looks like a picture straight out of a magazine.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, you have SUCH a pretty porch! It looks so inviting...and did I mention PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love everything! Especially the floor! It looks like pink tile?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie